I am so excited to share this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Rolls with you! These Cinnamon Rolls are super easy to make, and the components can be prepared ahead of time, so that come Thanksgiving morning, all you have to do is assemble them and pop them in the oven.
These Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are super gooey and delicious. They are filled with a cinnamon brown sugar filling, baked apple pie filling and toasted pecans. They are then finished with a smooth cream cheese glaze. The components of these Cinnamon Rolls can be made ahead of time, which means the rolls just need to be assembled in the morning for a perfect Thanksgiving breakfast!
- 2 cans of Cinnamon rolls quartered
- 1 can apple pie filling (or any fruit pie filling)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine together in a bowl
- Pour in a sprayed 9×13 baking dish. Cinnamon roll icing for the topping when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
USEFUL TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Save the icing packet for drizzling later. If your canned cinnamon doesn’t have any, you can make your own icing by dissolving powdered sugar in water or juice to a thin consistency.
- Store your canned cinnamon in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- The size of your baking dish is important. This simple recipe calls for a 3 qt baking dish to allow enough room for the dough pieces to rise while baking.
- While cooking, be careful of browning as the pecans can burn quickly while on top of the casserole dish. Be sure to always check every minute when cooking the casserole uncovered.
- Be sure to follow the recommended cooking time. Normally, canned cinnamon rolls only take 12 minutes to cook, but the cooking time is longer due to the addition of the liquids from the pie filling and the butter. I recommend at least 40 minutes of baking time, otherwise you will end up with a gummy, uncooked cinnamon roll pan.